I love lamb chops, they have a very tender natural rich flavor. Roasting them with salt, pepper and olive oil brings out the delicious natural flavor of the lamb and allows the juices to stay in the chops and keep them moist. The risotto is a very rich and creamy accompaniment to the lamb chops and adds some good flavor and body to this dish.
Heres what you need:
2 lamb chops, per person
1 box arborio rice
3 tbls butter
fresh grated parmesan
1 cup chicken stock
1 cup white wine
1/2 cup cream
juice of 1 lemon
salt and pepper
Heres what ya do:
1. Pre heat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Let the lamb chops come to room temp.
3. Start the risotto. In a medium sized pot melt butter and saute shallots and garlic until translucent. Bring chicken stock to simmer in a separate pot. Add arborio rice to shallots and garlic, toast for 5 minutes until translucent. Add half the warm chicken stock and stir constantly until all the stock has absorbed. Add the rest of stock and repeat. Add white wine and stir until absorbed. Continue this process by adding 1/2 cup warm water at a time for 30 minutes up to an hour, remember to stir constantly. Add cream and simmer for 3 minutes. The risotto should be creamy and loose. Remove from heat and hit the risotto with lemon juice and parmesan. Let rest.
4. Season liberally with s and p and a drizzle of olive oil. Bake for 15 minutes per side or until desired temp, let rest 5 minutes.
5. Plate risotto and lay lamb chops on top. Garnish with parmesan and chopped thyme.