A succulent juicy local New York Strip topped with Bleu Cheese and Chive Butter that is literally exploding with flavor! Horseradish potatoes are the perfect accompaniment to the rich and tender steak with bleu; with enough horseradish to provide a good strong bite that is balanced out by the decadent butter. This dish is the perfect at home steakhouse meal, the only thing missing is a good strong Gin Martini and a fine cigar!
What ya need:
16 oz New York Strip
Russet Potato, quartered
1/4 cup crumbled bleu cheese
4 tblsp salted butter
2 1/2 tbls horseradish
canola or veg oil
s and p
Heres what ya do:
1. Allow steak to come to room tempature.
2. While steak is coming up top temp boil potato in salted water until fork tender, 30-40 minutes.
3. Make Bleu Cheese and Chive Butter, allow butter to soften and mix with crumbled bleu and 3-4 sprigs of minced chive. This can be made up to 2 weeks ahead of time and frozen to allow the flavors to meld. Store covered in refrigerator until ready to use
4. Season steak with s and p and brush with oil. Grill on a hot grill for about 5 min per side for med rare or 6 min for medium. Cooking the steak any more will result in tough and chewy meat that is unpleasant to eat.
5. Remove steak from grill and immediately top with bleu cheese and chive butter. Allow to rest 5-10 minutes before serving.
6. When potatoes are done boiling drain water and add 2 tblsp butter, horseradish and a dash of cream. Mash to incorporate.